This is my curriculum vitae. Updated on October 2015.
Phone: +1(310) 890-6833 Mail: 3111 3rd St, Apt.10, Santa Monica, CA 90405 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
University of California, Los Angeles - 2010-Present
- Ph.D. Economics (2010-Present). Expected graduation: 2016 ; GPA 3.71
- Fields: Econometrics. Microeconomic Theory. GRE (800 quantitative / 540 verbal); TOEFL (108)
- Working Papers:
- “Optimal Dating Website.” - Job Market Paper
- “Identification of Beliefs in Decision Making” – Submitted
- “Muggers, Drug Dealers & Militias. Theory and Evidence from Rio de Janeiro’s Favelas”.
Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro (PUC-Rio), Brazil- 2003-2010
- M.A. Economics (2010); Accepted in the top 2% of applicants.
- B.S. Economics (2007); Elected Class Valedictorian.
Rio de Janeiro State University (UERJ), Brazil- 2003-2010
- Bachelor of Laws, (JD equivalent) (2010); Accepted in the top 1% of applicants.
Airbnb- Summer 2015
- Data Scientist: Working on the search algorithm team.
- Developed Alternative Metrics for Ranking Experiments and Long Term Metrics.
- Internal Researches: “What is a zoom?” and “Correction for AB testing in Market Experiments”.
Analysis Group- Summer 2014
- Summer Associate – Menlo Park Office.
- Estimate the impact of a patent break in the Satellite Industry.
University of California, Los Angeles- 2011-Present
- Department of Economics: Lecturer for Game Theory and T.A for E-Commerce; Market Design; Statistics; Econometrics; Game Theory; Auction Theory (Grad. Level).
- Anderson School: Graduate Student Instructor for Accounting (MBA elective, 40+ students/term).
World Bank - April- September 2007
- Research Assistant: Project of "Unexploited Gains from International Diversification”
Brazilian National Development Bank (BNDES)- May - October 2006
- Legal Intern - Area of Chemical Products.
Leadership and Awards
- UCLA - Dissertation Year Fellowship 2015-2016.
- Best Teaching AssistantAward - Department of Economics Spring 2015.
- Humaine Studies Fellowship from IHS 2013-2015
- Jorge Paulo Lemann Fellowship 2013 - Awarded to Students showing academic and leadership potential.
- Fulbright Scholar 2010-2011.
- Elected Valedictorian PUC-Rio, Class of Economics 2007.
- Languages: Portuguese (native), English (fluent), Spanish (fluent), French (advanced).
- Software: Very Experienced: Stata, Matlab, R and SQL. Some Experience: Python, Git, Hadoop.